Archive for June, 2008
June 30th, 2008
June 29th, 2008
With rising gas prices (along with the price of everything else rising), you might be wondering how you can make a little extra money without getting a second job. It’s great to be able to save money, but sometimes you just need a little bit more, whether it’s to be able to go on that vacation you really want, or to get something else that you’ve been hoping to buy.
You might think there are no “easy” ways to make money online, but I guess that depends on how you define “easy”. Yes, you will not get money online for doing nothing. BUT, there are things you can do to make money that don’t take a lot of time, and are even fun!
One of these ways is ExpoTV. How does this work? Well, you take a video of yourself reviewing a product, and they’ll pay you for that video!
The videos only have to be 1-3 minutes long, so you don’t have to worry about how to say THAT much about a product. What can you review? Almost anything you want that is still sold in stores today! How awesome is that? They just want you to be honest about what you thought about the product.
How much will you get paid per video? Well, I must start by saying that does vary month to month. As of right now, they pay $10.00 per video for good quality videos, and you can do up to 20 videos this month, meaning you can earn up to $200 this month from them. You’ll even get an extra penny each time someone watches your video! Oh, and if both you and your spouse want to do this? No problem. You can each have your own account and do your own 20 videos a month. In this case, you’ll make $400 a month together! The only issue? You can’t both review the same products. But that’s not a big deal. Think about all the stuff you have in your home…it shouldn’t be an issue to find more products to review.
If you’re saying to yourself, “Oh, I don’t have a video camera, I guess I can’t do this…”, you might still be in luck. Take a look at your digital camera. Most digital cameras can take short videos. This is how I do my ExpoTV videos. I put my Panasonic TZ3 camera on a tripod, and then take the video.
It only takes a few minutes to do the video, and then to upload it! I’ve made about $150 so far, but I haven’t done that many videos yet. Between setting up the digital camera, taking the video, and then uploading it, I’d say I spent about 5-7 minutes per video.
If you’re doing the videos by yourself, you can even easily edit out the beginning and end (where you get up to turn the camera on and off) with free software that most likely came with your computer. Microsoft Windows Movier Maker comes for free on almost all computers, and will make it easy for you to take out the beginning or end (or edit any part) of your video.
If you’re wondering what they do with the videos, well so far they have them on their website so that others can watch them (and when they do, you’ll earn a penny each time), but they also have them on Buy.com. If you’ve been shopping at Buy.com lately, you might notice that they have videos with reviews of some of the products. This is where the videos come from. So if you make a video, you might see yourself on the website!
Another nice thing is that I, along with many, many others have already received money from them. So you know it’s not a scam or that you won’t get paid. If you still don’t feel too comfortable, do one or two videos, and then wait until you get paid before you do any more. I know a lot of people who did that, just so that they could see for themselves that they got paid.
Personally, I think this is a great way to make a little extra money. You can also look at it this way. If both you and your spouse each do 20 videos a month (that’s $200 a month each), in just 3 months you’ll have $1,200, which can pay for a really nice vacation! If you have any questions about ExpoTV or about creating videos, please leave a comment and I’ll do my best to help answer them.
June 27th, 2008
Now through July 1st, you can get $10.00 off your order of $50.00 or more by either using this printout at your local store, or by using code 922852 at checkout. Enjoy!
June 26th, 2008
With the end of the month not that far away, it seems there are a lot of great deals! Because of that, there was a packed newsletter today. Here are just a few of the items in the newsletter that went out earlier today.
Remember, many of these deals are gone within hours…sometimes even faster than that. So if you want to make sure you get in on the deals we find, sign up for the newsletter at the top of the page!
- Get 20% off your order at Pet Food Direct now through July 4th when you use code PERJULY4.
- Perry Ellis has up to 80% off on many items. You can also use code pedjul4 to get an additional 50% off.
- You can get a free Lip Favorite or Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel from Bath & Body Works now through July 6th with any purchase when you use this printout.
- At Home Depot now through June 30th, you can buy BEHR paint and get rebates for it. You’ll get $5.00 for every 1-gallon you buy, and $20 for every 5-gallon of paint.
- Here is the Best Deal Magazine’s Deal of the Day for the next two weeks. They are all 1-year subscriptions. You can also use code PXSS713 to get 15% off your order.
- Discover – $9.89 – 6/30
- Everyday Food – $9.89 – 7/1
- Home Business – $4.94 – 7/2
- Life Extension – $3.99 – 7/3
- Maximum PC – $3.99 – 7/4
- Car & Driver – $3.99 – 7/5
- Road & Track – $4.89 – 7/6
- Vegetarian Times – $3.49 – 7/7
- Martha Stewart Living – $13.94 – 7/8
- This Old House – $4.94 – 7/9
- Upscale – $3.89 – 7/10
- Travel 50 & Beyond – $8.94 – 7/11
- Ranger Rick – $13.49 – 7/12
- Interview – $3.29 – 7/13
June 26th, 2008
I know I had this in the newsletter on Tuesday, but this is such a great deal that I wanted to mention it by itself, so it doesn’t get lost.
Now through June 30th, Restaurant.com has 60% off of their dining gift certificates when you use code MEALS. This means that a $25.00 gift card will cost you $4.00, and a $10.00 gift card will cost you $1.20. Using code MEALS will also give you a free $10.00 gift certificate with every order.
There are many restaurants all over the country, so you are bound to find something you like either where you live, or where you will be traveling to. I have used them for many restaurants, but one of my favorites on Restaurant.com is Cloverleaf Tavern, in Caldwell, NJ.
It’s great. Usually we’ll go with my dad (because you need to spend $35.00 to use the $25.00 at their restaurant), so we all get different kinds of burgers, drinks, and usually share some onion rings as well. After that our total is just over $35.00, so after the gift certificate, our meal comes out to $10.00 + tax and tip. You really can’t beat that. Especially since we would have gone there without a gift certificate anyway!
We’ve used Restaurant.com gift certificates on vacation as well. While in Las Vegas, we used one at a restaurant that was located on the Las Vegas Strip. It was really good! You can’t beat getting $25.00 worth of food for $4.00.
June 26th, 2008
Get a FREE Auntie Anne’s Pretzel when you print out the coupon!
Note: You have to install a coupon printer first in order to print it, but if you have ever printed coupons out before, you’ll most likely already have this installed.
The good thing about these types of coupons is that each barcode is different, so they know you can’t just photocopy them and use them over and over…which means that they will actually accept them! The company (Bricks) that these coupons are being printed out through will allow you to print out 2 of them.
It looks like the coupon is good for one month after you print it, so you should have plenty of time to use it.
I installed the coupon printer last night, and was able to print out my coupon. I look forward to using it the next time I’m at the mall!
June 25th, 2008
Every time you look, prices keep going up. At the gas station, grocery store, even the airlines, every time you blink you see higher prices.
No matter what you want to do this summer, it looks like it might cost a little more money than last summer. The good news is that there are many things you can do to bring the costs down, and still save money.
Here are 7 ways you can still have a fun summer, do a lot, and spend a lot less money.
1. Look for free (or very inexpensive) entertainment.
- You can take the whole family to the movies for free or $1.00.
- Bring lunch with you and have a picnic at a local park. You can spend the whole day there, and not have to spend a time, and everyone will have fun.
- You can go to a minor league baseball game. You can get great seats for under $10.00 a person, sometimes even for about $5.00 each. Many minor league games even have special nights with free stuff for the kids, or even fireworks for even more entertainment.
- Take advantage of your local library. You can rent book, magazines, and DVDs that can keep the whole family entertained for hours…especially on a rainy afternoon!
2. Plan your meals ahead of time.
It’s very easy to decide to go out to eat when it’s hot outside, it’s almost dinner time, and you have no idea what to make.
If you decide ahead of time what you’re going to make for the week, and even make some of it ahead of time (or use a crock pot in the morning), you won’t be so tempted to go out to dinner. This can really save you money (as well as calories!) since eating out usually costs a lot more than anything you can make at home.
3. Eat what is in season.
Now is the best time for local fruits and vegetables. They’ll be cheap, and taste fresh. If you buy fruit and vegetables that are in season where you live, you’ll spend a lot less on groceries than if you buy out of season items that had to be shipped to your local grocery store. Plus, you’ll have nice fresh fruit and veggies that have just been picked, and you’ll even have the benefit of supporting your local economy.
4. Spend less on your vacation.
You don’t have to fly somewhere to have a fun vacation. Look to travel somewhere that’s nearby. No matter where you live, there are probably many places you can visit that are within a short driving distance that everyone will enjoy. Since you’ll be driving, you can make sure to bring with you breakfast foods as well as snacks and bottled water. This will save you a lot of money as well since you’ll only have to buy lunch and dinner out.
5. Make sure you compare prices.
While this goes for everything else as well, especially use it when you’re planning your vacation. You would be surprised at the difference in prices on the same hotel from one website to another.
Plus, if you’re going somewhere (like a theme park) that has an entrance fee, you can comparison shop to find the best prices on those as well. Consider going to your local AAA or even fast food restaurant to look for those kinds of discounts.
6. Lower your utility bills (as well as gas for your car).
- Dry your clothes outside. It’s beautiful and warm outside. Now is the time to give your dryer a break, and put the clothes outside to get dry.
- If you have air conditioning, still use your fan as well (especially a ceiling fan). You’ll be able to keep your house cooler, and it costs less to run a fan than your air conditioner. You’ll be able to use the A/C less, and still keep your home nice and cool.
- Run your dishwasher and do your laundry at night. In many places, you’ll save money for using electricity at night when it isn’t as hot and there isn’t as much of a demand for it.
- Plan your errands ahead of time. If you know where you need to drive for the week, you can group all of the places that are near each other so you can do them at once. This way you will drive less, and save money on gas.
- You can also use a website like GasBuddy to find the best prices on gas. Make sure you stop to get gas when you’re in the area for other reasons, or you’ll just be wasting what you’re trying to save money on!
7. Mystery Shop so you can do more for less.
If you want to go out to eat or shop, but don’t want to spend your own money, consider mystery shopping. This way you’ll still be able to go out to eat (or buy things) without breaking the bank this summer. It does require a bit of work, but if you don’t mind describing your experience at a restaurant or retail shop, you can get these things for free. I’ve even seen theme parks as well as hotels being mystery shopped, so who knows how much this could help your budget!
June 25th, 2008
Looking for something to do with the whole family this summer that won’t break the bank? How does FREE (or $1.00) movies sound? There are plenty of movie theaters all across the country that are showing movies each week for the whole family to see. Here are just some of them:
- AMC Theatres are offering $1.00 movies every Wednesday at 10AM now through August 6th. The movies include (in order) Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium, The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, Alvin & The Chipmunks, Shrek The Third, Bee Movie, Surf’s Up, and TMNT.
- Regal Entertainment (including Regal Cinemas, United Artists, and Edwards Cinemas) will have free movies every Tuesday and Wednesday morning at 10AM now through August 20th. The movies are all G or PG, and vary theater to theater, so you’ll have to look up what movies your local theater is playing.
- Cinemark Cinemas will be showing 10 weeks of G and PG movies this summer for $1.00 each, or you can pay $5.00 for the whole series. See your local theater for movies and show times.
- Classic Cinemas will have $1.00 movies every Wednesday morning, showing G and PG movies. Check your local theater for movies and show times.
- Clearview Cinemas will have free movies Thursday mornings at 10:30AM starting tomorrow, June 26th. Movies include: Bee Movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Curious George, Mr. Bean’s Holiday, The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, Evan Almighty, Shrek the Third, and Surf’s Up.
Even if your movie theater isn’t listed, take a look at their website. Many other local theaters are also offering something similar this summer. It’s a great way to keep cool, and have the whole family see some great movies, all for $1 or less!
June 24th, 2008
Even though it’s only the start of summer, are you sick of what’s on TV? It seems that all that’s on is either reruns from the past season, or new reality shows. Neither of which I’d like to watch. Don’t get me wrong…there are a few new shows out, but not enough!
The good news is, NBC Universal has created a website where you can watch TV shows as well as movies for free…and it is completely legal!
Yes, you do have a few commercials to watch during the show, but what’s 15 seconds here or there when you can watch something you actually WANT to watch?
While I was just checking it out, I saw that they added ALF today. I can’t tell you how many years it’s been since I have seen that, so it was cool to watch a few minutes of it. It’s also nice that you can watch all of these TV shows and movies with just the click of a button…you don’t have to spend any money to go rent the DVDs!
You might be wondering what types of TV shows or movies you’ll find. Well, it really runs all over the place, including older stuff as well as things from just a few days ago. Just a few of the TV shows you’ll find: Family Guy, The Pretender, 30 Rock, Picket Fences, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Addams Family, Arrested Development, I Dream of Jeannie, Barney Miller, Silver Spoons, The Simpsons, and many more.
As far as movies go, while they don’t have quite as many full length movies as they do TV shows, they still have quite a few including October Sky, Psycho, The Girl Next Door, Ice Age, The Jerk, Three Amigos!, and more.
When you look at the full list of movies or TV shows, it is easy to tell which are full episodes/movies, as they have an icon next to them, so you don’t have to worry about starting one to find out it’s only 30 seconds long. Another tip I’ve found is once you pick movies or TV, click on Alphabetical List. It’s much easier to see exactly what they have to offer this way.
I just found out about this site, but am very excited! It’s nice to know that there are some legal sites out there that have lots of shows and movies we can watch.
It’s definitely a nice way to save money (by not spending any at all) and be entertained.
June 23rd, 2008
If you’re looking for some of the best deals both on the web and in your local stores, you’ve come to the right place. Of course, if you want the full list of deals that went out today and every Tuesday and Friday, make sure you sign up for the Dreamline Savings Newsletter (at the top of the page). It’s FREE, and you’ll not only get to see many great deals, but will also be able to get great freebies!
Also, don’t forget that all subscribers to the newsletter can send us an email any time they are looking to buy something, and we’ll find them the best price for it, and put it in the next edition of the newsletter. We love to help people save money!
Here are a few deals that were in today’s edition of the newsletter.
- Now through June 30th, you’ll get 60% off at Restaurant.com. This means that a $25.00 Gift Certificate will cost $4.00 when you use code MEALS. You will also get a free $10 Gift Certificate with each order.
- Amazon has $15.00 off when you spend at least $39.00 on chips including Sunchips, Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos, Grandma’s, Lay’s, Ruffles, and Munchos. Depending on which you buy, you could end up with 120 bags for $35.40, making each bag $.03 each.
- Armani Exchange is having their Semi-Annual Event with up to 70% off both online and in stores. You can use code INSIDER1 to get free shipping through the end of the month.
- Buy has the SanDisk Sansa 1GB Shaker (mp3 player) in red for $14.99, regularly $49.99. Shipping is free.
Victoria’s Secret is having their semi-annual sale both online and in stores. While it’s always fun to shop at these sales and you can always find a new cheap items, a particularly good deal going on right now has nothing to do with these sale items.
While you’re at the store checking out the sale items, there are 2 coupons you can print out and use to get a few items for free or a lot closer to it. Most stores should take both together if you’re buying multiple items.
Buy any full price bra and get $10.00 off, and a free panty. They have a line of bras called Intimissimi that are $19.50 regular price, so for $9.50 you’ll get both the bra and panty. There are at least 4 different styles at this price, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding one you like. The free panty you’ll get is the regular cotton – any style, but the color has to be white, black, ivory, or pink like all of their other free pany offers.
Their second offer is to get a free Sweet Daydream Body Scrub worth $9.00 with any purchase. It’s a full size product, and smells really nice.
Whether you’ll be able to use both or not is up to the store you visit, but when I just went, I was able to use both. I was only planning to use the $10.00 off and free panty, but the manager was standing at the register and took a look at both coupons and said that there was nothing on either coupon that said you couldn’t use both since they are different offers.
So forgetting about the semi-annual sale items for a second, I was able to walk out of there with a really nice bra, panty, and full size body scrub all for $9.50. You can’t beat that!