Archive for October, 2008
October 31st, 2008
October 29th, 2008
Happy Halloween everyone! It’s hard to believe it’s the end of October already…I don’t know about you, but the past few months have gone very quickly!! Here are a few of the deals that were in the newsletter earlier today:
- There are a few different hotels offering “Better Tomorrows” where when you stay one night, the second night is 50% off.
- Saturday from 1am – 4pm, Kohl’s will be having a few early bird specials, such as:
- Now through November 6th, A&P, Superfresh, and Waldbaums all have triple coupons. This means that any coupon up to $0.99 will be multiplied by 3, so $0.75 off will really take $2.25 off of your total.
- Staples has a list of $0.99 Hot Buys. You can use the one link and you will see a list of all available items on the right hand side of the page. Here are the $0.99 items:
- Staples Ballpoint Stick Pens – Dozen, regularly $1.29.
- 100 Jumbo Paper Clips – regularly $1.29.
- Staples Economy Rubber Bands – regularly $1.49.
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Eraser – regularly $1.59.
- Dixon #2 Soft Pencils – Dozen, regularly $1.49.
- Flat Staple Remover – regularly $1.99.
- Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Markers – regularly $1.19.
- Staples 1-Subject Notebook – regularly $1.49.
- Today only, you will get 40% off all invisibleSHIELDs with code Scary40. These are a great way to keep cell phones, laptops, mp3 players, handheld gaming systems and more from breaking.
October 24th, 2008
Now that it’s starting to get colder (Parts of NJ/NY even had snow yesterday!), you might be thinking about taking a vacation. The good news is, because of the economy, prices are a LOT lower than you might expect. The price of oil has gone down quite a bit, and since not many people are booking trips right now, companies are really giving great prices as an incentive to get you to travel.
Not sure that the prices are low? Take a look at a cruise that The Travelzoo TravelZoo had in their Top 20 email today. You can take a 7-night cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line to the Caribbean for just $234.00 per person, and that includes a $50 credit for once you’re on the ship! That’s just incredible. I’ve taken 2 Norwegian cruises before, and while I got a great deal, it was more than double $234.00 per person! You can even get a balcony for under $500 a person. It’s just crazy.
If that wasn’t enough, on American Airlines right now you can book a round-trip ticket to Hawaii starting at just $249. I tried it with airfare from NJ, and where it usually costs over $1,000 per person, going in November would cost just $436.00 per person plus taxes. Not bad right?
This is just a small sampling of the types of deals available now, and assuming nothing changes in the next few months, the deals will either stay as good, or get even better! So if you’re already sick of the cooler weather, it might be time to book that winter vacation, and not have to break the bank!
October 22nd, 2008
There are a lot of great deals again today. It’s incredible how many deals there have been lately, and I’m sure there will be a lot more over the next few months. Again, if you’re ever looking for anything in particular and want to make sure you get a good price, sign up for the FREE Dreamline Savings newsletter, and let us know! We’ll find the best price and get back to you. This way you won’t have to waste your time searching for deals. Here are just a few of the deals that were in the newsletter earlier today.
October 21st, 2008
Looking to go to Disney World or Disneyland in the next few months (through the end of January)?
If so, you might want to take a look at Orbitz. Right now they have a deal where if you book through them, and stay at least 5-nights, you’ll get $150.00 off of your vacation. That’s pretty good, especially considering it can be hard to find discounts to Disney!
The code is ORBDISNEY150, and you’ll need to put that in before you do your search.
I will let you know, until you actually CLICK on a specific vacation, you won’t see the discounted price. When I saw the matrix-results that showed me all my different choices, it pointed out which hotels would give me the discount, so I assumed that the prices reflected the $150.00 off. It did not. Once I clicked on a hotel, it showed the lower price, so be sure you’re looking at the lower price!
I’m already planning on going next September, otherwise I might have taken a second look at this! Hope this helps someone who is planning a trip for the next 3 months. You have until November 23rd to book the trip, so you don’t have to rush too much.
October 17th, 2008
Talk about a lot of deals! There were quite a few deals in the newsletter today, many of them from mall-type stores, although with most you could buy either online or in store.
You might notice that in the newsletter I never use the words coupons, sale, and try to stay away from words like discount, and deal. The problem is whenever I use those words, the emails get flagged as spam (mostly from AOL) and people don’t get their newsletters. So you will see me use almost any other word if I can get away with it, so that people will still get their newsletter!
Here are a few deals that were in the newsletter earlier today:
- Through tomorrow night, you can get 15% off of your order of $100.00 or more or 20% off your order of $150.00 or more at Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic when you use code GETSAVE.You can combine items into one cart from all 3 stores. This includes both regular priced items as well as already reduced items such as the up to 60% off at Old Navy.
- At Aeropostale, if you buy a select Hoodie for $29.99, you’ll get the matching pants for free. They also have 50% off tops, 2 tees for $15.00, and sweaters up to 50% off.
- Now through October 25th, you can get an extra 10% off almost everything at the Kmart website with code OCTOBER10.
- All of these are good through Friday, October 24th at 6pm.com.
October 15th, 2008
Again, there are lots of good deals today. If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter yet, know that you’re not only missing out on the great deals we don’t post, but also many freebies that we include with each newsletter! I can’t tell you how awesome it is to get free stuff in the mail a few times a week. It’s free to sign up if you’re interested, and you can do so at the top of the page. Here are a few of the deals from the newsletter that went out earlier today:
October 14th, 2008
Usually I only send the freebies out in the newsletter, but there were so many in yesterday’s newsletter that I had to share some with everyone. If you’re looking for some free stuff, here you go…and remember, if you want to get free samples, magazine subscriptions, and more, sign up for the free Dreamline Savings newsletter, and you’ll get plenty sent to you every week!
October 10th, 2008
I can’t believe how many really good deals there were out there today. I have a feeling from now until the end of the year, we’ll have lots of choices of different deals out there! Here are just a few of the deals from the newsletter that went out earlier today. If you’re ever looking for anything in particular, let me know!
- Restaurant.com has 80% off gift certificates now through October 15th at noon when you use code EIGHTY. This means that a $25.00 gift certificate will be $2.00, and a $10.00 gift certificate will be $0.60. – I plan on buying some of these tonight. I love a few of the restaurants listed, and it really saves us a lot of money!
- Tomorrow, October 15th only, Sears will have 15% off plus free shipping on all Halloween costumes & decor.
- All of the following are good through October 17th unless noted:
- Through tonight, Circuit City is having a Friends & Family Event where you can get 15% off almost everything when you use code CAAXJ9DA8E.
- Through tonight, J&R has the Panasonic DMC-LZ8K Lumix 8.1 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera for $99.99, regularly $179.95.
October 3rd, 2008
Looking for some great deals, but don’t want to spend hours searching for them? Sign up for the Dreamline Savings Newsletter. It’s free, and you’ll get great deals for both your local stores as well as online sent right to you. You’ll also get great freebies in every issue. Here are just a few of the deals that were in the newsletter earlier today.
The Home Depot has a very interesting FREE clinic on October 23rd in their stores. It’s on how to save money on your energy bills this winter.
Since prices of everything keep going up, this sounds like a great way to find out how you can save money this winter heating your house!
If that wasn’t a good enough reason to go, when you show up at the free seminar, they’ll give you a coupon that’s good for $10.00 off when you spend at least $100.00. The coupon will be good through November 6th, so you’ll have a little time to use it!